Saturday, February 2, 2013

When is a fetus a child?


reported on newsmax.com

The Arkansas Senate voted Thursday to prohibit most abortions if a heartbeat is detected, ignoring warnings from opponents that banning the procedure as early as six weeks into a pregnancy would invite lawsuits. If enacted, the ban would be the most stringent in the nation. The Ohio House passed a similar ban in 2011, but it was sidelined in the Senate last year over concerns that it might be found unconstitutional. Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe told reporters Thursday that's the same concern that he's researching.

"I'm waiting on lawyers. I think that's the big concern right now — does it run afoul of the Supreme Court or constitutional restrictions?" Beebe said. "That's the first thing we're looking at."....

.... The Senate approved the proposed "Arkansas Human Heartbeat Protection Act" by a 26-8 vote. The measure, which now heads to a House committee, requires a test to detect a fetal heartbeat before an abortion is performed. If one is detected, a woman could not have an abortion, except in cases of rape, incest and if a mother's life is in danger.

I, like the President, have personally "evolved" on a few issues were I previously did not have much of an opinion but now have very strong feelings. Never would we have even considered abortion during my married years so I pretty much stayed focused on the issues I felt more directly pertained to my life, which I think many people tend to do as well.

The growth of the internet during my adult life has opened my mind to more information, more details, stories of how things like abortion effect EVERYONE.  A simple "Google" search can open hundreds if not thousands of horrible pictures of the whole abortion process and the dead "infants" laying in pieces in a crash can like common garbage. Black pastors across the nation decry abortion as killing off a generation of blacks making them now a minority to both the White and Latino populations of  this country. 

The  abortion process has eliminated of 54 million potential working class Americans in a time when America is in economic crisis, denying all Americans of the potential revenue of the taxes they would have generated had they been alive and working.  

Ask virtually anyone the simple question, "Would you support the right to kill a living healthy baby if a mother didn't want to raise the child", and I'm sure you'd hear an over whelming, "NO of course not"!  I mean we do have laws against the killing of anyone, it's called murder.  So I'm thinking  laws like they are proposing in Arkansas are starting a now bigger conversation, asking now a different question, "When is a fetus a child"?  


No comments:

Post a Comment